Terms and Conditions of Use of the StartupJobs.si Website
These here Terms and Conditions of use regulate the use of the StartupJob.si Website and regulate the relationship between the User and the Website Manager and are drafted in accordance with the currenlty valid legislation of Slovenia.
StartupJob.si is an online two-dided marketplace for the startup and IT sectors.
Portal je namenjen oglaševanju prostega dela in talenta v startup in IT sektorju.
The owner, holder od the domain name and Manager of the www.StartupJob.si Website is the company RP Kvadrat d.o.o., Tržaška 2, 1000 Ljubljana.
- Website/ Portal relates to the Website www.StartupJob.si.
- Website Manager relates to the company RP Kvadrat d.o.o.
- User relates to the Website User, registered or not registered, logged-in or anonymous. The User can, according to their status view and submit content to publishing, publish content and edit content, where content is related to either searching for or offering employment. The User can act as a User-candidate whose primary interaction with the Website is that of a job seeker and/or a User-employer whose primary interaction with the Website is that of a job offerer.
- Client related to that User or group of Users, an individual or legal entity, who enters into a business relationship with the Website Manager through ordering a publication of content, publication of featured content or other services.
- Services relate to services offered by the Website or the Website Manager:
- publication of job adds on the StartupJob.si Website,
- advertising on the StartupJob.si Website, cnnected newsletter and social media channels.
The Website Manager does not perform the business activities of internship or employment agency or activities of securing employment or work for other Users.
By accessing this Website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. You are responsible for any illegal actions you perform as the User of the Website. Terms and conditions apply to registered and not registered, logged-in and anonymous Users alike.
Users are prohibited to use the name StartupJob.si in any circumtances, any form and any purpose, unless the use us explicitly allowed with these terms and Conditions of USe, currently valid applicable legislation or prior written consent of the Website Manager.
USE LICENSE (CONTENT, WEBSITE)
All content of the StartupJob.si Website (text, graphic elements, media, software or source code) , belongs to the Website Manager or it’s Clients and is subject to copyright protection laws as a data collection or individual work or service. Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on StartupJob.Si Website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only.
It is prohibited to copy, duplicate, re-publish, change, download, print or distribute parts of content or the whole content of the Website without prior written consent of the company or author, except for personal use and use, explicitly allowed with specific serviced of the Website Manager.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by StartupJob.SI at any time. The Website Manager can temporarily or permanently terminate the use license also in case of suspicion of breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, especially in cases of suspicion of industrial espionage or information collecting with the intent of commercial use of this information.
Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must immediately destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The use of the Website’s content is allowed solely for personal, non-commercial purpose unless explicitly otherwise specified in the Terms and Conditions of Use, currently valid applicable legislation or prior written consent of the Website Manager.
It is prohibited to mimic or engage in activities, which would harm the reputation, working and/or use of Website. It is prohibited to sell and upgrade the Website, steal or copy databases in parts or as a whole, to scrape content or use other robots for automatic information retrieval from the Website or otherwise automatically interfere with or communicate with the Website. this prohibition is not applicable to web browsers (universal search engines; browsers who seek and publish links to all Websites from certain geographic areas regardless of the content, industry segment, file type or other characteristics). The prohibition can be removed based on prior written consent of the Website Manager.
DISCLAIMER: WEBSITE MANAGER LIABILITY LIMITATIONS
The Website Manager is not responsible for:
- any potential damage of software or hardware used to access the Website;
- any damage to or loss of data resulting from wrong use, technical unsuitability of software or hardware or lack of knowledge or skill on the side of User or Client;
- Website’s malfunctioning or not functioning due to disturbances or not functioning of the internet connection between the User and the Website or Website Manager and between the Client and the Website or Website Manager;
- Website or Website Manager’s service malfunctioning resulting from force majeure;
- potential damage to the User or Client resulting from the incapability of Website use due to issues related with trust in the Website’s content or services, due to data loss or other reasons connected with working and accessibility of the Website;
- content, published on the Website, where content refers to the content submitted to the Website by Users or Clients. The Website Manager consequentially takes no responsibility for truthfulness and legality of content submitted/published by Users or Clients;
- inaccurate information submitted by candidate-Users;
- inaccurate information submitted by employer-Users;
- guaranteeing response to job application from Clients (and other employer-Users, who submitted a job add outside o Client relationship), because the response depends on demands and characteristics of the posting and internal employment procedures;
- guaranteeing response from candidate-Users to a job posting, because the response depends on demand and characteristics of the posting and User interest;
- late, lacking delivery or undelivery of messages;
- harmful consequences of use of the Website content, its accuracy, correctness, completeness and being up-to date;
- the Website Manager and his suppliers are not responsible in any case for any damage (i.e.: damage resulting from loss of data or income or damage resulting from disturbance in conducting business), resulting from use or inability to use the Website content, including cases when the Website Manager has been notified in advance in oral or written form about the possibility of such damage occurrence.
CONTENT REVISIONS AND ERRATA
Mateials appearing on StartupJob.SI Website can include technical, typographical or photographic mistakes. The Website Manager does not vouch for accuracy, fullness or being up to date of materials on their Website.
The Website Manager and authors are not responsible for harmful consequences of the use of Website and it’s content. The Website Manager can at any time without notice change materials on their Website.
Despite these provisions the author of content and the Website Manager will strive towards accuracy, correctness, being up to date and usefulness of Website content.
The Website Manager can at any time reject or remove the whole or parts of content, especially when a breach of Terms and Conditions and currently valid legislation and regulation occurs. The Website Manager also holds the right to delete any content if they believe that the content or parts of it do not comply with these Terms and Conditions and currently valid legislation or rights of 3rd parties.
In such case, the Website Manager reserves the right to delete User account or cancels account authentication of the User or Client and prevents further use of the Website. StartupJob.si can delete all content from the User or related group of Users that have breached these Terms and Conditions, not only the content that was directly in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Website Manager reserves the right to not publish / to reject content if the User-employer does not comply with editorial criteria for the Website (company/job is not startup or in IT sector, company identity is not clear, company is known to not regularly pay their obligations, people affiliated with the company have in the past year expressed strong negative opinions and warnings of illegal activities, company/employer entered incomplete information, it is not possible to contact the company/employer with the submitted contact information, company/employer is not responsive, the Website Manager establishes that the content is no appropriate for the target audience).
In such cases the Website Manager is not required to inform the User about the denial, removal or deletion of content, or ask for their permission or reimburse the costs of publishing the content.
Anyone can inform us if the content published on this Website is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use or the currently valid legislation through our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate and act accordingly by removing the problematic content.
The Website Manager reserves the right to prevent or remove published content of a Client that has not paid their obligations to that said content or any other published content on the Website. If the Client has paid for publication, that has been removed according to these Terms and Conditions, the Client has no right to demand refund.
The Website Manager issues invoice to the Client in advance for a set number or postings or other agreed upon services.
The Website Manager reserves the right to block Users password if the Client does not pay the invoiced amount by the due date and/or is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Access to freely published content on the Website is free of charge for Users.
Publishing of basic content on the Website is for Users free charge according to definitions in the pricelist.
Publishing of advanced content is charged according to then valid pricelist.
Valid prices of services are published in the pricelist on the Website.
The Website Manager reserves the right to change the pricelist. New pricelist replaces previous one when published.
Cookies can be managed in the web browser. It is possible that this is not available in browsers on mobile devices.
The Website Manager does not verify the Websites that published links to this Website, or Websites that are linked from this Website, and does not take any responsibility for content published on them.
Publishing of a link to 3rd party Website on this Website does not imply support or promotion or business relationship with that Website.
Users use such links and linked Websites on their own responsibility.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS VALIDITY AND MODIFICATIONS
The Website Manager reserves the right to amend or revise these Terms and Conditions anytime and without notification.
Terms and Conditions apply until canceled or replaced with new ones. New Terms and Conditions are valid when published on this Website and so replace the old ones.
By using this Website the User agrees to be bound by then the current version of these Terms and Conditions.
The Website Manager is doing best effort, but does not guarantee, to make the content and services of the Website available all days of the year, 24 hours per dan, except for short outages for technical reasons.
The Website Manager reserves the right to stop the operation of the Website without any reason and for any duration without prior notification if they consider it necessary.
The Website Manager will notify Users about expected outages on the Website up to three days in advance if at all possible, except for short outages for technical reasons and short maintenance works (less than 12 continuous hours).
USERS’ AND CLIENTS’ PRIVACY PROTECTION
The Website Manager can use the collected e-mail addresses of Users and Clients, occasionally send periodic announcements about news and own services and products that are related to job search and are deemed interesting or useful information for the User or Client. Every sent message shall contain means for User or Client to unsubscribe from such messages in the future.
The Website Manager enables access, amendment, change, blocking or removal of personal information related to a User or Client, based on their written request received on e-mail address email@example.com.
The Website Manager guarantees legal compliance and careful handling of Users’ and Clients’ privacy.
The Website Manager will store and handle all personal information received from Users and Clients in accordance with the currently valid Slovenian legislation.
- Personal information are information that the User provides by entering them into a form on the Website or some other way.
- User decides by their own judgement and out of free will which information and how much they will share with the Website Manager.
- By providing personal information, the User agrees with their processing and use.
- The Website Manager receives and stores the submitted personal information of the User and manages them in accordance with the currently valid legislation.
- The User has the right to access, amend, change, block or remove their personal information, by written request sent to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information are processed and used exclusively for the purpose with which they were collected.
- The Website Manager will not publicly publish the personal information from the User on the Website without prior consent of the User, or give out the personal information to unauthorized third parties.
- The Website Manager recommends Users not to include information they do not wish to be received by the employers in their submitted biography. The Website Manager will communicate the information only as submitted by the Users.
- The Website Manager can use the User information for demographic analysis or any other analysis that would improve the service.
- The User allows the Website Manager to use their personal information for the purpose of sending periodic e-mails about the status of the job market and news about the services of the Website and direct marketing of services of the Website Manager.
- Information about the company that is the Website Manager are published on the Website.
- After submitting the personal information, they may be stored for as many years as the Law prescribes.
- The Website Manager automatically stores certain anonymous information that are in no connection with any individual and are dependent on the way how the User uses the Website. The Website Manager uses this information for internal research with the purpose of improving the service, statistical analysis and for security reasons.
- Anonymous information from the previous paragraph are the name of the Website from which they came to the Website, the web browser used, type of hardware and software used to access the service and the current IP address of the computer accessing the Website.
- The Website Manager is not responsible for privacy or cookie or content policy of linked web sites.
- All information is used in accordance with the valid legislation.
USER AND CLIENT PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Users who will submit and activate their resumes to this Website should omit information that they do not wish to be visible. Users should not attach copies of their official documents, identity cards or passports.
The Website Manager is not responsible for any damage that might occur if the User doesn’t omit these information or if the User can be identified based on the submitted resume.
USER AND CLIENT PASSWORD PROTECTION
The Website Manager will store and secure all Usernames and passwords as business secret.
Only authorized personnel of the Website owner will and manage the passwords.
The Website Manager reserves the right to block username and/or password under suspicion of password breach or in case the User or Client – owner of the password, breaches these Terms and Conditions.
User passwords are issued and intended to be used by persons who requested them.
User who requested a password by signing up on the Website and received it is obliged to use it and take care of it with the diligence of good management.
User will manage their passwords in accordance with the Law and will not perform illegal and/or unauthorized actions over the privacy of other Users of the Website.
Registered Users and Clients are responsible for actions performed by using their Username and passwords.
WEBSITE USER RESPONSIBILITIES
User can access certain content (the entry page) of the Website without registration.
User has to register to access all further functionalities of the Website and publishing content on the Website, for security reasons.
User obliges that all information submitted to the Website is accurate and is responsible for their credibility.
User must not publish contact information about third person without their consent.
Submitting false or made up information or representing yourself as a third person or submitting information about the third person without their consent is strictly forbidden and considered serious breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Website Manager is not responsible for inaccurate or false information about the Users of the Website.
The User is forbidden from using the job application to send commercial or other messages that are not related with the job application itself.
The Website Manager will warn the User if they discover or receive complaint from the Client, that the User has abused the Website to send irrelevant messages. If the User continues abusing the Website the Website Manager will block the User access. The Website Manager is not responsible for accuracy of information about the job searchers. The Website Manager reserves the right to block User access or delete the User from the Website if they discover or suspect that the User has entered inaccurate information or has breached these Terms of Service in any other way.
The User is also explicitly forbidden from the following actions:
- using the service with the intent to publish or distribute content and/or services that are against the law and order and/or valid legislation, especially publishing fake, illegal, harmful, misleading, objectionable, ethically inappropriate or insulting content,
- using the service and publishing content that is not inline with the purpose or the editorial focus of the Website, especially content abusing the service for commercial, illegal or any other purpose that is not defined in these Terms of Service, especially publishing
- the use of threats, condescending, abusive or discriminatory language and language which could breach personal rights or dignity of third persons.
- any attempt to acquire, collect, change, damage and/or store personal information of other Users and information that these Users submit with the intent to use the service,
- any intervention or attempt to change the code and/or source code of the Website.
Users are solely to be held financially and legally responsible for any breach of these hereby terms and Conditions of Use.
Users-employers and Clients have all responsibilities of Users of the Website and all responsibilities of a Client, because the relationship for the use of all services of the Website except the paid services, is created when the User-employer enters the system (the User performs electronic signup and receives e-mail notification about the acceptance).
Relationship for usage of paid services is created when the price of the service is confirmed.
Job postings and other content that the Client publishes on the Website must not breach the valid legislation and these Terms of Service. Content means the text of the posting, the used graphical elements, logos etc. Content must be valid, correct, must not be illegal, misleading, harmful, objectionable, ethically inappropriate or insulting.
The Client is obliged to not publish content that would hurt human dignity, promote discrimination against race, gender, nationality, religion or political views, be harmful for health or security of people, environment or cultural heritage, insult religious or political views or hurt the interests of the Users of the Website. Particularly, the Client must not advertise illegal work relationship or employment.
The Client is obliged to pay the invoice by date defined in the invoice.
The Client must publish the paid-for postings within 12 months from the date of the purchase or as agreed with the Website Manager.
The Client must store all passwords they received for the use of the Website and must not share them with unauthorized person or abuse them in any way. The Client and the Website Manager will treat all non-public information – communication, materials and agreements about the relationship – as secrets. At the same time they oblige to business ethics and non-disparage during and after the duration of the relationship.
Any claim relating to StartupJob.SI web site shall be governed by the laws of Slovenia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Last update 23. 9 .2014